Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:17:17 -0400
On 10 Jun 98 at 20:26, James Chamier wrote:

> I agree with you there, especially in an educational establishment, but in
> an office or private home? Why penalise people who choose to use a web
> browsers mail package at home?

But this is site-configurable. It is up to the LISTSERV administrator
at each host to decide whether to do this. Presumably the LISTSERV
administrator has some idea what works best for their own site.
L-Soft is not penalizing anyone, just giving the option to each site
administrator. If you don't like the way your particular site is
configured, you should take it up with the site admin, not us...

Francoise