"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:21:23 -0400

Center for Educational Technology
Boston, MA 02115

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Bulterman, Henri R.
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 6:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: List Server and Outlook Calendar Invitations

Hi, All --

These days MITRE uses Exchange for mail and calendars.  Our list server
includes lists for all the organizational entities (departments,
divisions, etc) at MITRE.

We know that there is a problem with the Outlook calendar and the lists
on the list server:  Users can apparently send an invitation to a list
on the list server, and that works OK, but if they then update the
meeting things get a bit messed up, with duplicate meetings scheduled.

My question to you:  Is this a fixable problem, and (if so) has anyone
figured out a good way to deal with it?  It seems that our only recourse
at this point is to create Exchange distribution lists for every
organization at MITRE, but if there is any workaround we'd sure like to
try it.  Moreover, if anyone can provide some technical details of the
underlying issues I'd appreciate -- feel free to mail me directly.

Thanks,
 Henri Bulterman
 Principal Software Engineer
 The MITRE Corporation