Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 12:57:35 EDT
On Thu, 14 Sep 1995 12:10:43 -0400 Dave Lampson said:

>No, it is not that simple.  If you "forward" the message back to the
>list, then it appears that all messages posted to the list come from
>you, and you get those nasty embedded headers.  This is completely
>unacceptable, and something even Majordomo is smart enough to handle

 I've found the term "forward" here to be somewhat ambiguous.
 In an earlier version of MailBook (formerly RiceMail) you could
 Forward the incoming post to the list.  Recent versions however
 produce the effects listed by Dave.  I now must use the Resend
 function, not Forward and I suspect this may be relevant to other
 such mail applications.

  --Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville  <[log in to unmask]>