"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 18:30:41 -0800

Leon D. Wald wrote:
> What works for me is I log in to our server as listserv and just FTP the
> file down to my local machine using ASCII mode.

Leon,
  you are very fortunate to have this convenience.  Most list owners do not
have access to the LISTSERV account in the manner you describe.  Could you
or someone else please suggest a more generic solution?  I have wanted to do
exactly what Brad described, and have run into exactly the same difficulty.
It would be very difficult for me to convince anyone at BrownVM to grant me
access to their LISTSERV account.

Any realistic solutions eagerly awaited,

- Michael;   NAUSICAA list owner: <[log in to unmask]>

[ Michael S. Johnson <[log in to unmask]> Computer Science, U of W ]
[ Japanese Animation (a.k.a. anime) - the best that Disney never did ]
[ WWW index: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~msj  home: ~msj/msj.html ]