Thu, 18 Aug 1994 16:49:07 CED
On Thu, 18 Aug 1994 10:36:20 EDT Marc Abrahams said:
>I am still seeking an answer to the question:
>
>What simple precaution can I, as a list owner, take to try to prevent
>this kind of problem from recurring.
I think we will soon see your experiences in a article, won't we :-) ?

You can't  avoid this kind  of problem  completely. The daemon  writers are
always trying to find ways around filters ...
In your special case I would simply HOLD the list most of the time and only
FREE it  right before you send  a new copy  (doesn't harm if you  forget to
free  it,  you'll  notice  immediately).  Of course  you  should  check  if
something's already sitting in the list's mailbox.
And now the special trick: set  the keyword "Daily-Threshold= 1". Thus if a
rejection like the one which sneaked  in arrives seconds after your posting
it doesn't  get distributed (ie  unless you  decide to send  seconds before
midnight). You have enough time now to hold the list again. Should work.

Christian