Gerald England <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:52:48 -0000
Liz,

        I think part of the problem is the way the mail-programs
handle digests in MIME. Obviously Pegasus does the same as
Microsoft Mail which I use.

        I set my list to Reply-To= List,Ignore and found that
I still got the sender's name when I tried to reply to from inside
a digest.

        To check it, I subscribed my pseudonym, which has an
email  address which redirects mail to my own address, to the list
so I now get both digest and individual postings. The individual
postings do give the listname as the reply address.

        So the problem seems to be with the way mail-programs
(Pegasus & Microsoft - possibly others too) handle digests,
rather than the Listserv settings themselves.

yours
Gerald England

Gerald England's Home page - http://www.nhi.clara.net/gehome.htm
New Hope International - http://www.nhi.clara.net/nhihome.htm