"Barbara Weitbrecht, Smithsonian" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 13:35:21 EST
Here's the response I got from NETCOM when I tried writing to Mr. Spam
directly:

>  SIVM.SI.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
>  SIVM.SI.EDU received negative reply:
>  550 <[log in to unmask]>... User unknown

So the question is: did his postmaster serve him off, or was the
account a fleeting entity from the get-go, perhaps the result of one
of those "try our our service for 5 hours FREE" promotions?

I understand that the Nota Bene list has had to shut down operations
because the Usenet crowd decided that all the spamming notes were
coming from there, and are clogging it with profanity.

Barbara Weitbrecht, Smithsonian, National Air & Space Museum

(He hit FOLIO-L too....)