Debbie Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:46:14 EDT
My two lists are hosted on a 1.8c VM server and I'm curious why
the following happens:

1). subscription requests with additional letters tacked onto the
list name succeed, i.e. 'subscribe HIGHLA-LA John Q. Public' or
'subscribe HIGHLA-L-DIGEST John Q. Public' when the listname is
actually HIGHLA-L?

2). why this incorrectly spelled listname is included in the
subscription notifications that I receive "John Q. Public
<[log in to unmask]> has just subscribed to the HIGHLA-L-DIGEST
list"?

-Debbie Douglass

|    No flames were thrown in the creation of this email message.     |
[log in to unmask] \ May your sword always be within   |
|Systems Administrator             \ reach and may your Foe's skill   |
|GTE Government Systems, Needham, MA\  and luck be less than your own.|