Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Oct 1992 13:13:13 PST
On Wed, 28 Oct 1992 11:58:51 EST K. V. Rao <KVRAO@TRAPPER> wrote:
> I'm having terrible time with my list for the last three weeks with multiple
> copies. I've done several things, linking the peers/delinking them by taking
> out the peers= in header etc. Finally, I moved all my members to one node and
> held the other two sites thinking at least this will temporarily stop pushing
> multiple copies. Even this has not stopped the problem.

Together, we found that some UCLA-Mail (V1.410) user on the UCMVS580.UC.EDU
machine (UCCCMVS on BITNET) was somehow "bouncing" E-mail back to the
'INDIA-D@UKCC' mailing-list, **without** modifying the original 'FROM:' line.

Therefore, since LISTSERV determined that this was a "new" posting,
it was distributed.  Thus, each subscriber received multiple distributions
of the same material.