Silvia Gruben <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 May 1993 17:28:34 CET
Hi,
 we have a nice problem to solve in germany.
 All german X400-nodes ended with '.DBP.DE' will be renamed to a other
 second-level-domain names (starting june).

 The problem is to change all the email-addresses from subscribers
 in mailing lists, not only the LISTSERV lists.
 We think, that it will impossible for all the german x400-users to
 unsubscribe from the lists and then resubscribe with the new email-
 address.

 We like to see a so called 'GLOBAL CHANGE JOB' for the LISTSERV lists,
 or every LIST-Owner should look for a 'DBP.DE' address and change
 them to the new-names address (not yet offical 'D400.DE'). Or the
 LISTSERV-Mantainers can run a rename job for this.

 I would like to get some ideas how we could solve the problem.
 What will you prefer?

Regards,
  Silvia

 _____
/     \    Silvia Gruben               email: [log in to unmask]     or
| GMD |    Rathausallee 10                    [log in to unmask]
\_____/    W-5205 Sankt Augustin
           Germany                     phone: +49 2241 14-3207