Patrick Douglas Crispen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 05:12:40 CST
On Wed, 9 Nov 1994 04:49:26 -0600 Natalie Maynor said:
>> On the one hand we want to protect our subscribers, on the other we
>> might be overreacting.  The ability to review the list is a feature that
>> a number of subscribers appreciate, though we also maintain a searchable
>> file of subscriber biographies on our gopher.
>
>I would hate to see the 'review' command limited.  But then I don't find
>junk mail a serious problem.  A quick touch of the delete key is easier
>than throwing away junk snail-mail.

I realize that I have a unique problem because of the size of my lists
(Maptest has 15,000 subscribers; Map2 has 24,000 subscribers; and
Roadmap has 22,000 subscribers), but I have had to set the REVIEW= on
my lists to OWNER. Many mailers can not handle 20,000 line letters, and
a lot of the reviews were bouncing back to my Listmaster.

BTW, I am still looking for suggestions on how I can edit the
"list is closed" message to include instructions on how people can
get the Roadmap lessons using the GET FILENAME PACKAGE F=MAIL command.
Currently the message just tells people to contact the listowner for
more information.

James Ford made the suggestion of changing the subscription to
BY_OWNER, editing the :cc letter to say that the list is closed
and giving instructions on how to use the GET FILENAME PACKAGE
command, setting up a dummy account to be the listowner, and
then setting up a "pur rdr all" in VM schedule on this dummy
account.

This will work, but isn't there an easier way to edit the "closed"
letter without going through this whole song and dance?

   PATRICK DOUGLAS CRISPEN    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED IN THIS LETTER DO NOT
    [log in to unmask]      NECESSARILY REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF THE
  THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA      UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA - TUSCALOOSA

      ROADMAP: COPYRIGHT PATRICK CRISPEN 1994. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

   To unsubscribe from ANY Roadmap workshop, send an e-mail letter to
   [log in to unmask] which says UNSUB * in the body of the letter