Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:46:43 -0800
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Tom Rawson wrote:
> Am I reading the list owner's manual correctly?  It looks to me like I can do
> this:
>
> CHANGE listname *@HOME.COM *@ATTBI.COM
>
> and it will do what one might expect, leave everything else alone and just
> switch the domain
> names.  True?
>
> -----
> Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]

I have done global CHANGEs of domains before, and, yes, the wildcard will work.

However, please DO NOT do a global change of HOME.COM subscribers to ATTBI.COM.
 This domain change applies only to those people who are ATT customers.  I am a
HOME.COM subscriber, but my connection is through Comcast.  It was only ATT
whose relationship with Excite@Home was terminated last week.  The relationship
between Excite@Home and all of the other cable companies, such as Comcast,
Rogers, Cox, Insight, Mediacom, and Mid Continent, is still in effect and
service has not been affected.  Excite@Home will provide continued @Home
service and transition services from now until February 28, 2002. At that
point, Excite@Home intends to cease operations. You can view their press
release on this at:

http://www.home.net/news/dec4-01.html

=====
Best wishes,

Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Co-Administrator, EEAC Web Site and mailing lists
http://www.eeadopt.org