James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:26:39 +0100
Adam Bailey wrote on 10 June 1998 at 03:07:
> Yes, but it's easier (and more common) to reconfigure the email address
> in a web browser than an email client. Not a whole lot easier, but still
> your average falsifier's first choice as a weapon.

Agreed. I guess you're talking about Netscape version 3 and earlier, when
the e-mail was included in the browser?  Other browsers don't necessarily
have built-in e-mail, most common alternative being Internet Explorer.

I don't see why using Eudora on a PC is any different to using Outlook
Express, its *very* easy to change your address. If they're going to filter
one type of package, why not filter all PC packages?

> There's also the common problem of people using a lab computer and then
> leaving without clearing that information out. Then the next person comes
> in and starts interacting with the LISTSERV without thinking.

I agree with you there, especially in an educational establishment, but in
an office or private home? Why penalise people who choose to use a web
browsers mail package at home?

I guess it depends on how much of L-soft's market is educational /
commercial.

James