David Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 14:41:51 -0800
Here's what happens on CMSA.BERKELEY.EDU for my list, VOCNET.  There are
logs, which one can GET and search with LDBASE, but the virtual filelist
doesn't materialize:

tell listserv index vocnet
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:36:56
* File "VOCNET FILELIST" is not yet available.
tell listserv get vocnet log9411
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:37:41
RDR FILE 0004 SENT FROM LISTSERV PUN WAS 1354 RECS 0068 CPY  001 N NOHOLD NOKEEP
* File "VOCNET LOG9411" has been sent to you in Netdata format.

Could something be misconfigured?

> If there are list archives, then "index XXX" and "get XXX filelist"
> commands should work.  I just tried that very thing with the CBAY-L
> mailing list, and I did receive the expected information.  Even if
> the person isn't authorized to retrieve the FILELIST, the message
> returned should not say the FILELIST doesn't exist.
>
> -jj

David Carlson           [log in to unmask]            800-762-4093
National Center for Research in Vocational Education    Berkeley, California
VocServe bulletin board     <-JOIN US!->    VOCNET listserv discussion group
telnet: vocserve.berkeley.edu          subscribe: [log in to unmask]