Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:51:55 -0400
At 08:48 AM 6/18/98 -0400, Erich L. Markert wrote:

>The problem is how can you practically & accurately identify quoted
>messages?  You can't.  There will always be ways around any method
>that attempts to prevent overquoting.  Any derived method will only
>work with those people who follow proper nettiquette and those aren't
>the people who are creating the overquoting problems anyhow.

In addition, I'm always having problems with NNTP and its quoting
limitations. I try to be a good cut n' paster, but I also like to leave
enough of the previous message for some current context- NNTP often doesn't
allow this (until I changed my quote character. All better now).

Netiquette and beating on abusers is the best way to go.

Philo
Philo     [log in to unmask]  http://www.radix.net/~philo/
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer