"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 11:02:39 -0500
I'm trying to write a template that contains several paragraphs separated
by blank lines, and for some reason I just can't do it.  No matter what I
try, LISTSERV runs the whole thing together as one paragraph without
breaks.

First I tried having formatting on (.FO ON) for the whole thing; when I
saw that it wasn't working, I tried turning formatting off for the blank
lines and back on again for the paragraphs, but the results were exactly
the same.

The DEFAULT.MAILTPL contains several multi-paragraph templates, and there
is nothing special about the formatting of them as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to force a blank line in a template?  I've checked the
List Owner's Manual and can't find any clues.

The template I'm trying to write is POST_EDITOR.  I normally use Pico to
edit this stuff, for what it's worth.  I did try using another editor on a
different account, but that didn't affect the results at all.

steve

H. Stephen Wright                                        Music Library
[log in to unmask]                  Northern Illinois University
        Principal Owner, FILMUS-L (Film Music Discussion List)