Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 21:32:33 +0200
On Sun, 8 Sep 1996 18:55:18 +0200 Fredrik Laurin <[log in to unmask]> said:

>So  what youre  saying is  that  Digest can  be fixed  by upgrading  the
>listserver softvare?

Yes.

>How do I check the current version?

You send a RELEASE command to the server.

>And what about archived files, I didnt quite get your point there.

A monthly archive  file is not a  mail message, but a  collection of mail
messages. Just like  a folder in your mail program.  There is no standard
for the format of  mail folders, every mail program does  it its own way.
Obviously you'd prefer for the file to arrive as a folder, but that's not
possible. The  MIME information is in  the file, but it's  still going to
look like one mail message to your mail program.

  Eric