Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:51:57 -0500
On 7/27/2004 9:14 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>GET listname WELCOME
>

> This returned "File "<listname> WELCOME" is registered in LISTSERV's file
> catalog, but the
> physical file is not present."
>
> They use the default mail template instead of a custom welcome message.

There is a seperate mail template for a custom welcome message, although
I replaced the $SIGNUP template with a welcome message on a list I own,
and I believe I have seen reports from other list owners who have done
the same thing.

In most cases, the welcome message will be relatively static, so it should
be feasible to put a copy of the welcome message in a separate file that
can be retrieved using the GET command. On those rare occasions when the
welcome message is updated, the list owner will need to update the
appropriate mail template and replace the listname.welcome file.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator