Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:36:44 -0500
On 11/2/2005 09:35, Bill Robinson wrote:
> Looking for a solution ...
>
> I don't believe I have changed anything on our list but for the last week I
> have been getting two copies of every message.  I looked through the manual
> and database but I cannot find the problem.
>
> Can anyone please set this old man straight?  What might I have done to get
> two copies of every message?  How might I fix it so that I only get one
> message?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bill

The most likely explanations are:
* You are subscribed to the list twice, with different addresses that lead
   to the same mailbox;
* Another subscriber address is forwarded to your address; or
* The duplicate messages are being generated by an intermediate mail server
   process.

If you are certain that you have only one subscription, compare the Received
headers on the duplicate messages. Odds are, some of the Received headers will
be the same. The point at which they begin to differ is the point at which the
duplicate message was generated.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator