Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 11:33:55 PST
On Tue, 21 Feb 1995 10:24:28 EST, Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM> wrote:
> I have been getting the error msg. below for a week or so.
> I'm guessing it is because at least one person has a full mailbox,
> but is there anyway to tell which one so I know which to set to nomail?

Yes.  See below.  (Two insertions.)

>From:         BITNET list server at ULKYVM (1.8a)
>
>The enclosed mail file has been identified as a delivery error for list
>CARR-L because it was sent to the reserved 'owner-carr-l' mailbox.

Based on Jim's comments (below), I would suspect that it's one (or both)
of the above IDs.  (I have edited-out the "non-offending-parties".)

Date:         Wed, 22 Feb 95 08:57:49 EST
From:         Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Columbia Mailer problem? ("can't read error log")
To:           Melvin Klassen <KLASSEN@UVVM>
cc:           Elliott Parker <[log in to unmask]>

 This particular item has come up here before, and when I asked
 Louis Wiesmann about it, I was informed that the message is
 generated when the spool limit is exceeded for an individual.
 This first became noticeable when we put up student accounts
 on VM here this past fall, and lowered the spool limit on those
 accounts.  There is no way or at least no easy way for someone
 other than Louis or myself to identify the offending subscription.
 I have an exec and privs to allow me to see who is over limit
 for a specific list but that doesn't help Elliott or other listowners.

 The problem then is:  when a person's reader is at their spool limit, no
 mail is delivered, and the ensuing error message identifies the problem as the
 mailer cannot read the error log but doesn't identify the offending userid.