Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:40:40 -0400
On 22 Sep 2005 at 13:11, Pat Letendre wrote:

> Something just happened that I thought was impossible.
>
> A subscriber on "review" was able to post directly to the list
> (message did not come to me for approval). See a portion of the list
> header below (e-maill address and list name changed).
>
> Can anyone explain how this might happen? Thanks!

Yes. I think so.

It used to be hailed as "self moderation" of the list by the list members. Now it's
called the Kludge.

You're not able to have an editor of the list set to review. Your whole list is an editor
in your present configuration (Editor=)

Stinky huh? Happened to me too. Still happening. I have no idea as to what to do,
after 10 years of doing my list. Setting it up without the Editor= me@myplace,
(listname-l)  leaves me with all subscriber mail, even those who're set to noreview,
coming to me to be redirected to the list. (i.e. reviewed/manually redirected to the
list.)

I have tried reading the manual at lsoft.com, specifically the parts relating to the
Send=  header keyword, but nothing makes sense to me.

But anyway, that's probably what's happening to your list too.

Maureen