Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:56:30 -0500
> Isn't it the case that oofbot (I've not seen that before; thanks for
> the word, Douglas) messages which go _to the whole list_ are caught
> by LISTSERV and not distributed (rightly, since they'd cause infinite
> exchanges of messages between oofbots), whereas those that go to the
> individual never come to the list address at all?

yeah, if you're talking old style ooofbots.  Those Listserv can spot
as repeats and clamp down on 'em.  The newer ones are infinitely
customisable so each ooofbot reply is slightly different, which means
LISTSERV can't spot 'em.  Had one, oh, three months ago on a large
professional discussion list running on 1.8d.  What a mess.

Douglas