Dinu Gherman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 May 1997 16:41:00 +0200
Just for curiosity, when writing ADONIS I though how cool it
would be to have a LISTSERV API that lets you directly do all
requests that you need to use e-mails for. Something like an
"interactive LISTSERV deamon". I think I've seen that for
ListProcessor 6.0 a while ago, although I didn't use it.

With such a thing, one could write tools like ADONIS to query
individual servers, asking them for their local lists and
present the user the appropriate pop-up list instead of
having her type-in the name of the list, and much more things
like that.

Just an idea. I am certainly not a LISTSERV expert, so what I
want might already exist. If so, please let me know!

Dinu

---
Dinu C. Gherman   mailto:[log in to unmask]
                  fax:49.6221.387-517 voice:49.6221.387-140
                  http://www.nmr.embl-heidelberg.de/gherman/
EMBL              http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/
Heidelberg        http://www.germany.eu.net/shop/Heidelberg.info.cvb/