"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 06:23:56 -0500
Eric,

This isn't properly part of the Listowners' forum, so I think we should
pursue further discussion privately, but I am obviously woefully ignorant
on how the Net functions.  I have simply had NO connectivity problems
with European (Australian, Asian) www sites.  They come up in a matter
of seconds.  I do much of my research in European academic sites, and
accessing them is like making a long distance call that gives the
illusion of being next door.  It's not that my local provider is slow;
those distant connections are fast!

Can you suggest some literature I could study to help me understand the
problems you mention.

Thanks, Ingrid
[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]