Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:48:22 -0500
> Sorry to follow up this thread with another question but if you post
> an attachment to a list and it is  stored in a monthly archive can
> the subscribers ever actually get that attachment from the archives.
> It strikes me that once in the form of an archive the attachment
> would be effectively lost.

Russell.. it's been a while.. but last year twice HAPPY99 was sent
through one of our lists.. each time.. I had to in affect shut the lists down
while I got rid of digests AND edited the virus out of hte archives.

When I sent the GET ListNAME LOGxxxxx  command, and the archive
came in via email.. it triggered Norton quickly.

So I'm thinking maybe.. that the archives will hold virus/worms.. or at
least some of them in good shape?  But I did not test that ;-))

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]