Jane Lyle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:08:33 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Winship wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Jane Lyle wrote:
> > Is there any way around this? If not, is it something that might be
> > addressed in the next release? (Or is there a good reason for it that I'm
> > not aware of?)
>
> Would be a pain, but could you maybe get, edit, then put the digest?
> I assume one digest per day.  Hold the list. Do a GET listname.DIGEST
> Edit the digest, PUT it, then FREE the list.

Unfortunately, we have many digests each day. We haven't hit our 250-post
daily limit in a few years, but we've come close!

How interesting that this is a bug fix. It sure does clutter up the
digests. We've now cut our bottom banner from seven lines to two. That
will mean a lot more "How do I . . . " mail to us owners, because we've
had to remove the link to our FAQ, the link to our secondary list, and
some of the subscribe/unsubscribe info. But we've had a number of
complaints about all that extraneous stuff in the digests, so I hope we'll
have fewer requests for help than whines about clutter!

Jane