Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:25:13 -0700
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:14:01 +0100, "Chr. Sagawe" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We are using a LITE version, but do not succeed in storing files. We have
>read the manual 8.4 and 8.5 (plenty of times). Is that feature not
>available for LITE?
>
>These are the information given (anwalt is the name of our list):
>
>   File "anwalt.catalog" has been successfully stored.
>
>So far ok. But upon GET file.ext the message reads:
>
>   This server does not have any file by the name "file.ext".
>
>What is wrong?

LISTSERV-Lite does not support hierachical file archives and
listname.CATALOG files which can be changed by the List Owner.

Lite does support file archives but they can only be listed in the one
SITE.CATALOG file, and must all be stored in the /LISTSERV/MAIN directory.
The SITE.CATALOG file can only be created and maintained by the LISTSERV
Postmaster/SiteMgr.  Once the file record has been created in the
SITE.CATALOG, the file itself can be PUT byt the List Owner, if appropriate
permissions have been set.