Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:13:21 -0400
On: Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 03:44:45PM -0400,Karen R Wrote:

} Elliott Parker wrote the following on 7/10/12 3:00 PM:
} >Has anybody written, and willing to share, the FAQ noted at the end
} >of this clip? I'm not sure what's happening myself, so an FAQ would
} >be helpful to me as well.
}
} See http://asperger.icors.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=29

Thats a good FAQ, but is a bit long for a non-techie.  Here is the much
shorter one I use:

Feel free to use any part(s) you wish.

As an AOL subscriber, you need to be very very careful about 2 things:
1) NEVER report a list posting as spam.
2) If a list posting finds its way into your "spam" mailbox, do NOT
   just delete it because that has the same effect as #1.  Mark it
   as "not spam" before deleting it.
If you wind up reporting a list posting as spam, this affects the entire
list because AOL will start blocking the list from all AOL subscribers,
and when Lsoft (the Sibernet-L host) gets the spam report, they will then
dump you from all lists they host (not just Sibernet-L) and dissallow
you from subscribing again.  Its a very strict and unforgiving system.
One strike and you are OUT.  The harsh dumping is a requirement of AOL.

--
Rich Greenberg  Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 941 378 2097
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67