Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:26:56 -0500
> to the list, and there is some text at the top of the message that is
> stripped out . . . but  . . . once posted to the list, the return address
> in the header of the message is always the Editor's -- not the original
> sender's address (as is supposed to happen).
>
> We have tried a number of things to solve this:  first using Microsoft
> Outlook, and then switching to Eudora to receive and send the messages.  We
> have tried using both the "redirect" and "send again" commands in Eudora.
> Nothing works.  L-Soft does not have an answer, and referred me to this list.

I don't think you can do it with Eudora, if you are editing the postings
first.  Some have said they have script patches for that, should be in the
list archives.  If you want to do actual editing of postings, rather
than just doing an "ok" you need something other than Eudora or Microsoft
stuff.  Unix PINE works reasonably well, long as you aren't on an IMAP
system.

If you are doing straight "ok" approvals, well, what does your list header
say?  Are these "ok" items or are they the type where you forward/bounce
the approved item?  Unix PINE works fine for those also.

Douglas