David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:40:55 -0500
On 2/13/06, Stan V. Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Folks
>
> I manage three ListServ lists on one hose, and I am also on another  ListServ
> list thru another host that I do not manage.
>
> I have a separate Gmail account for each of these four.  On all four
> accounts, any mail sent from Gmail does is not reproduced back to the  sender.  This
> is true for several other gmail account holders who are  subscribed to the
> lists.  NONE of us get our messages REPROed back to  us.
>
> Accounts are set to MAIL NOACK REPRO, yet ... no message sent to the list  is
> REPROed back.
>
> The gmail accounts get ALL other mail from the list and from  the outside.
> They get all mail from the list and msgs from the  listserv and they even get
> the ACK response from the list when the setting  is for MAIL ACK NOREPRO.

It has nothing to do with ListServ, and everything to do with Gmail.

Gmail recogizes that the mail coming back from the list is the same
thing as what you sent, and does not put it into your inbox.  It's
there in your SENT, or ALL MAIL links.

Once someone responds to your mail, you will see your posting in the
conversation thread along with the response.  Similarly, your

I haven't cared enough to experiment, but I suspect you'll find the
same, or at least similar behavior regardless of the list software
(yahoogroups, majordomo, etc)

--
David Phillips
Molon Labe !