Tue, 9 Jun 1998 03:00:51 -0500
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Dan Wheeler wrote:
> >        NOT asked to confirm:           7 (including me)
> >        Asked to confirm:               2
> >
> >Anyone have a possible explanation for this discrepancy (other than the
> >latter two are confused about which list they were setting to NOMAIL!)?
>
> Yes.  The two who were asked to confirm were using a web browser as their
> email client.  There have been so many attempts to make mischief by sending
> commands with forged return addresses using the mail programs built into
> the browsers that L-Soft decided to require confirmation of all commands
> sent from web browsers.

Questions
  We assume one's address remains the same whether using email in the
browser or some other, nonbrowser, email.  Now, does one get the
'ok' type confirm notices because one simply sent the SET ... from
a browser or does one get it because one used the browser to subscribe
via a web page?  Is it the manner in which one subscribed or is it
the system used to send the SET... regardless of how one subscribed?

Douglas