Tim rushing <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 21:48:27 EDT
On Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:40:07 -0700 Anita Cohen-Williams said:
>    Someone on my list has sent out a newsletter that they created to the
>entire list. While our list is not the busiest (as of yet), I am unsure of
>whether or not I should permit this sort of thing. Should I poll my
>subscribers? It wasn't really spamming as the newsletter does concern
>historical archaeology, but I don't feel that *my* list should be taken up by
>unasked for items (it took three notes to send, and wasn't formatted
>correctly). Perhaps I should suggest that the editor send the newsletter off
>list to those who are interested?

Another possibilty is to offer to add the newsletter to the list
filelist.  Then announce its availability on the list at large.
Subscribers who are interested can then retrieve it.  Your list
hasn't been cluttered, and you've made the newsletter producer feel
appreciated.  Of course, if it wasn't any good, I would just say,
"No!"

 Tim Rushing