Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:47:45 -0500
At 21:50 12/1/2004 Wednesday, Jean Snow wrote:I've never dealt with a
global change in userid ([log in to unmask]
>becomes [log in to unmask]), but that seems to happen a lot,
>expecially in corporate environments.  Any ideas on this?

Of course there is also the matter of decumentation both w/i LISTSERV
files/templates, and elsewhere.

 From where I sit, it is "better" to arrange list-ownership,
subscribership from the top domain of a site e.g.,

Hopefully, the site then offers a forwarding server to your "real" email
box e.g.,

Thus, when alias@host changes to something else, there is one central
point of change which is transparent to most (but seldom all) processes
and correspondents.

This philosophy has enormous benefits, expecially in an institutional setting.

/Pete