"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 07:48:00 EST
>>Once the spam filter picks up a post that came through the gateway,
>>the gateway gets marked as a spammer.  The only way around it that
>>I know of is to disable the spam filter for the list (Loopcheck=Nospam).

After this change is made and one NETNEWS post is successfully
distributed, can LOOPCHECK= be removed i.e., does the single new
post reset the SPAM heuristics?

>These gateways *are* becoming spammers, and if nobody wants to moderate
>them, I'm all in favor of having Listserv software start bouncing the
>posts.

Would a list-owner command of

      QUIET SET listname REVIEW FOR [log in to unmask]

be of use (assuming that you can handle the volume of
Usenet moderation), realizing that Useneters will "see"
the unapproved posting (regardless)?

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                    "PSUVM.bitnet RIP 12/31/96"