Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 15:00:47 EDT
On Mon, 25 Jul 1994 14:44:00 EDT Jae Walker said:

>and it appears that messages over the length just disappear into the
>ether.  I sort of expected some kind of "this message is too long"
>message -- is this right, or is there something we should be doing
>that we're not?

I have sizelim on my lists, and I get back messages with the notification
that the file is too large to be posted.  However, the messages seem to
be sent to out POSTMASTER first (who promptly forwards them to me). Perhaps
your postmaster is sitting on your messages or doing a quick delete?

I am wondering, though, why the rejection message goes to the postmaster and
not to the list owner.  Is that just at my site or at others?
Peace,
Anthea Tillyer