Les Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 03:15:01 -0500
I am having a major problem with messages sent to the mailing list by one
specific user.  The problem does not relate to his message content,
but in the inconsistent way they are coming through the listserver.

He is one of many AOL.COM subscribers, and is an active participant in the
mailing list, but the only AOL.COM user who has this problem.  Some of his
messages come through perfectly, others contain extraneous characters
(=0A, =97, etc.).  The difference is traceable to the
"Content-transfer-encoding:" and "Content-type:" lines in his message
headers.  "Good" messages appear as 7bit, charset=US-ASCII;  "Bad"
messages appear as quoted-printable, charset=ISO-8859-1.

Both "good" and "bad" messages appear regardless of whether he is
originating a message or replying to and quoting a prior message.

I don't know if this is an AOL.COM problem or a LISTSERV problem.  He has
written to technical support at AOL.COM and received a canned response
which doesn't address his problem.

Can anyone here help or at least supply a reason for this inconsistent
treatment?

                                                   Les