Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:13:59 -0500
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Tim Casten wrote:
> Is it possible to turn the feature off that causes this message.  I get
> more of these than anything else from lsoft users and seeing that most of
> my users are beginning level computer users, it is almost impossible to
> advise them what to do when this happens.  It seems this happens the most
> with Outlook clients. Thought there might be a setting somewhere to turn
> this off.

Difficult to say, as you don't include a sample error, only a piece of
LISTSERV boilerplate which could apply to just about anything.

No, you can't turn the "errors" function off; the errors arrive and they
have to go somewhere.  The listowner is expected to take care of such
(fix the problem, ignore, whatever).

As to "happens most with system X", again, need an actual sample of
the error message, the entire thing, header and all.

Would anyone care to give me a dollar for every time I have told a
subscriber to one of my lists, who has a problem, that more information is
needed?  ;-)

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]