Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:39:03 -0500
>>From the error report the following:

>                Last error: SMTP; 553 Spam not welcome here...
>
>Any idea why home.com is picking maelstrom listserv emails as "spam" or
>what I as a listowner,  do about it?
>
>Thanks in advance ..
>
>  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]

Well, it is e-mail generated by list software so it is, in the eyes of the
system administrator at home.com, de facto, spam.  Obviously an inaccurate
statement but software can not distinguish between spam and not-so-spam
e-mail from list sights, despite its attempts to do so.  I'd recommend
sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask] and also to [log in to unmask] as some
people who are designated as postmaster seem to often fail to do their
appropriate jobs.  I usually get better responces from the root addresses
anyway, knowing full well that root is a unix dependant e-mail address.

Glenn