Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:56:55 -0500
You may recal that yesterday I asked for advice on MIME/NOMIME and
HTML/NOHTML settings for a subscriber using Lotus Notes.  Well, He had
changed his options to DIGEST MIME HTML from the default MAIL NOMIME NOHTML
setting and it wasn't working for him, couldn't read anything, nothing
there to read.

I sent a SET LISTNAME DIGEST NOMIME HTML FOR [log in to unmask]
command for him to see if that would work better.  Got back the job output
that those were the options currently in place for that subscription, no
action taken.  Hmm, ok, I guess he did that on his own.

This morning he said what he received was just the same, but thanked me
for trying the new setting.  Hmm?  Guess he didn't do it.  Do a new query
and sho 'nuff, he's still set MIME HTML.

So, I sent this "stacked" command:

query listname for [log in to unmask]
set listname digest nomime html for [log in to unmask]
query listname for [log in to unmask]

Job output as follows:

DIGEST         You receive list digests, rather than individual postings
MIME           You prefer to receive messages in MIME format
HTML           You prefer to receive messages in HTML format
SUBJECTHDR     Full (normal) mail headers with list name in message
               subject
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings
REVIEW         Your postings are forwarded to the list owner for approval

Subscription date: 12 Sep 2005

One matching entry found.

> set LISTNAME digest nomime html for [log in to unmask]
LISTNAME: specified options already in effect for [log in to unmask]

No entry updated.

> query LISTNAME for [log in to unmask]
Subscription options for xxxx xxx <[log in to unmask]>, list LISTNAME:

DIGEST         You receive list digests, rather than individual postings
MIME           You prefer to receive messages in MIME format
HTML           You prefer to receive messages in HTML format
SUBJECTHDR     Full (normal) mail headers with list name in message
               subject
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings
REVIEW         Your postings are forwarded to the list owner for approval

Subscription date: 12 Sep 2005

One matching entry found.

Can anyone tell me why, when I try to change the sub from
DIGEST MIME HTML  to  DIGEST NOMIME HTML,
I am told those options are already in effect (i.e. the sub is
already set DIGEST NOMIME HTML)?  And query always says the sub is
set         DIGEST MIME HTML?

What is going on here?  Have I missed something?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]