Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:03:08 -0500
On 19 Feb 2003 at 13:37, Michelle Bowman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My list has recently been upgraded to version 1.8 and while the new
> interface along with other features are nice, I'm afraid the upgrade
> might have deleted 4 years worth of archives.  The archives are only
> available for the current month.  Otherwise, when my subscribers try
> to access the other months they get an error telling them to try back
> in 30 seconds.

An upgrade should not wipe out old archives, unless the site admin
wiped out and completely reinstalled (and there is no reason why
anyone would want to do that).

You should contact your site admin. From your description, it sounds
like the files are still there, but perhaps the permissions got
changed on your older archive files (which again, should not happen
with an upgrade, but perhaps your admin took advantage of the upgrade
to also move the app and the move changed the permissions, etc.).

Francoise