"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Nov 1994 11:39:00 EST
 (...)                                                   Can someone
>help me to understand this, and perhaps tell me if there is a
>solution?

Distribution from a listserv-based list (as opposed to a command
reply) are sent thru the LISTSERV Distribute Algorithm.  To
get the document that helps to explain it, e-mail any LISTSERV
with the command

info dist

LISTSERV attempts to minimize network traffic by using
other LISTSERVs between the creating LISTSERV distribution
site and the end-user who finally gets delivery.  It might
not be the most direct route from the creating LISTSERV
site to the end-users when multiple end-users are receiving
such distributions.

The other thing to recognize is that even person-to-person
e-mail is NOT symmetrical i.e., mail from a to b might not
following (pass through) the same "hosts" as mail from b to a.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "My lists are w/o PEERS ;-)"   s/me    +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA