"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:14:05 -0500
My list has been experiencing 'trucated' digests since I 'adopted' it at
the end of Jan.  I have finally gotten some help for the folks effected,
and hopefully have figured out WHY it happens, but now I am looking for a
fix, or a workaround (short of setting NOMIME, as it is the MIME digests
these people prefer).

When a subscriber is on the digest, and MIME, if someone posting to the
list, happens to put a line in their message like:

----------------

To exactly the same length as the digest seperator, the digest is
truncated after that line.  Is there any way to fix this, or is this a
known bug(?) with the MIME digests and unfixable (short of setting nomime
which they would rather not do.)?  The regular (nomime) digests are
delivered fine.  My guess is that listserv is seeing that line, and
thinking it is the end of the message, and getting confused.

Can anyone help me here, or at least explain WHY this happens?

Thanx.

  _*              Pauline M. Marshall               *_
 |_|         http://www.logic.net/~mmouse/          |_|
 \*/   I-barc, SmallDogs and Dog-Rescue ListOwner   \*/