Dave Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 06:39:39 -0400
>We recently had a flame war because one listmember feels that
>"nonattribution" (not signing one's email with your "real life" name) is
>cowardly and encourages flames and insults. His philosophy is that if you
>don't hold your beliefs strongly enough to put your name to them, you have
>no business trying to sway others.

This issue comes up here every so often.
Some lists are run with the same view as your list member... others
involving substantial personal disclosure will only work if some
anonynimity is preserved. I think it does depend both on the nature of
the list, and the preferences of the list's owner.
Regards,
Dave Phillips (BIOSPH-L, POLONIA)