Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 15:40:17 EDT
On Sun, 17 Sep 1995 13:52:35 -0700, "Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
said:
>The heartbeat idea, if built in to listserv, is a tool that helps the
>subscriber themselves manage the NOMAIL

It was suggested that the RENEW option pretty much filled that role though.
Doesn't it?

On Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:40:28 CST Bill Harvey said:
>But, I'm not sure I follow you on this point...  In what way is a
>NOMAIL subscriber a burden on a listowner?

I do keep track of everyone on the list - if they are NOMAILed because they
were on vacation, I remind em, for example.  For an addressing problem I
preodically check if it is resolved.

But perhaps more to the point, if you PAY for LISTSERV on a point basis,
then don't NOMAILed users potentially cost you money when they take you over
over the next point level?

Bill
CUNY