Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 09:30:32 -0800
I have just moved my list to St Johns LISTSERV.  I will be managing
the list by e mail.

I am new to the LISTSERV program and have some questions for
which I haven't yet found answers.

*  Info Page.  Where do I put the file to be sent when a
persons asks for INFO MADNESS?  I added an INFO file to the
FILELIST but that didn't work.

*  LISTSERV directory structure.  I don't quite grasp why I
am repeating the listname twice in some get and put
commands.  What is the organizing principle here?  How do
filenames and filetypes and filelists compare to DOS drives
and directories and files?

*  What do the initials VMS, and CMS stand for?

*  SET CONCEAL: I have some concealed subscribers.  Are they
ever visible?  To me, the co-owner, the postmaster, the
system administrator?

*  How do I access and use SUB_NEW, ADD_NEW, DEL_SIGNOFF?  I
would like to send other introductory messages
and tally signoffs.

*  LISTSERV documentation:  I have a series of documentation
files.  If you have suggestions for things that, from the
above questions, I clearly haven't read, I'd appreciate the