"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 08:50:00 EDT
A COPYRIGHT discussion list is available via a [log in to unmask]
E-mail the LP the following one-line for additional info:

info cni-copyright

Archives are maintained from

  log9208 (1 part, 495703 bytes) -- [Log of August, 1992]

ABOUT THE CNI-COPYRIGHT FORUM:
     Copyright issues pervade our lives affecting everything from the
labels on the cans of soft drinks to the things we watch on television
to all the things we read.  It has a tremendous effect on networking
activities as evidenced by the number of lists which discuss copyright
issues from time to time.  But it is often misunderstood, subject to
easy misinterpretation and at times very complicated.  Many people
simply throw out copyright questions to any list hoping to get an
answer that makes some sense.  Others who have an interest in copyright
per se find themselves trying to monitor dozens of lists in order to get
into a regular flow of copyright discussions.  This list is being
organized to give those who ask, answer, and discuss copyright questions
of any type a forum for discussion.  Discussion will not be limited to
any one area such as copyright for electronic materials.

   Potential areas of discussion include:

     o  What is in the public domain?

     o  How do you tell if something is in the public domain?

     o  Under what conditions can a document be scanned and posted for
        anonymous ftp without running into copyright problems?

     o  How does copyright affect distance education?

     o  What are the effects of the Kinko's v. Basics Books case on copying
        in education?

     o  What will the effects of the Feist opinion be?

     o  and anything else about copyright in a networked environment
        and related topics that anyone wants to discuss.

     o  Notices about new or interesting articles, books, etc concerning
        copyright are welcome.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "Never confuse the messenger with the message"