Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:14:01 -0500
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Ahern, Shannon wrote:

> Sorry - the person whose list I am taking over has asked me for a
> command to retrieve all the logs from their own server so they can send
> them to me (so we can do this archive move) -- I am not sure where to
> find that information. I looked at the manual briefly, but I am guessing
> I just don't know the right section to look at...  Does anyone know
> offhand or can someone please point me to the right section of the
> documentation?  Thank you...

Assuming the server where the list was previously hosted is also
running Listserv, then you send send it email with the command

index listname

in it. Replace "listname" with the name of your lists.

You'll get back via email a list of the archived files for
your list. Send another email message to that Listserv. In
the body of that second message, type

get filename filetype pw=xxxx

and type one "get" for each file that is listed in the
output from the index command. Replace the "xxxx" with
the password for your email address on that Listserv.

Then for each file you get back, forward the email
to the new Listserv with the appropriate password on
the "put" line for each file.