Shahrukh Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 07:12:53 -0400
I need to copy (not rename) the membership of one list to another and
would like to preserve options (digest, review, etc.) on a per member
basis.

It would seem that I could do this with:

     get oldlist

followed by

     put newlist

where I keep the headers of newlist and paste in the subscriber list
from oldlist.

1. Will this work or are their hidden pitfalls?

2. At one point I remember that if you tried to do this by e-mail
listserv didn't like the fact that each members' info was split onto 2
lines (e-mail and name on 1 line and encoded options on the 2nd line)
and wouldn't do the "put." Is this still the case?

I am using 1.8d.

Thanks,

Shahrukh