"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 19:02:44 -0400
Steven Roy Daviss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[Info about bounces on BBL.PSYCHA.UPENN.EDU]

> [...]  I've sent mail to postmasters:
>
>   to: [log in to unmask]:
>   and, to: [log in to unmask]
> [...]
> and these bounced.  I've also looked up the contact at UPENN.EDU: [...]
> and found [log in to unmask], (but John has not responded--his InterNIC listing
> was last update in 1991).

First, from my perspective as a listowner, I've found that for
addresses of the form aaa.bbb.org.domain (especially when it's the
'edu' domain), I tend to have success if I write to
[log in to unmask] *and* to [log in to unmask]  So
[log in to unmask] would be a good bet, as well as the two you
tried.

Now my perspective as someone from Penn: John is still here, but I
think if you wrote to [log in to unmask] your mail might go to
someone else (though I'm not sure to whom), so I suggest using that
address, since John's current duties might not include postmaster-ing.

On the issue of how current the InterNIC listing is, I'll forward your
note to someone who can get it updated.  (That is, it might be best if
you pursued your e-mail bounce questions yourself, but I'll make sure
to get someone's attention on the InterNIC listing.)

En paz,
Steve, co-owner, Quaker-L & Quaker-P
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
E-mail (MIME): [log in to unmask] -OR- [log in to unmask]