Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:10:29 -0700

At 12:25 PM -0400 9/6/00, Francoise Becker wrote:
>That's not true. The web interface sends commands to LISTSERV to get
>it's work done. The fact that it does it by talking directly to
>LISTSERV over TCP/IP rather than by sending emails does not make any
>difference. LISTSERV receives the same commands and processes them
>exactly the same. It has separate code for *receiving* the commands
>via TCP/IP vs. SMTP, but it's the exact same code that processes them.

I've experienced some of the same type of "ghost" conflicts, however,
noticeably when putting new mail templates.  If I put them by email,
then go into the web interface to check them, they don't show up --
instead, there appears to be no text for that particular template.
However, if I then put the same text using the web interface and then
retrieve the template via email, I find that I have the same text
repeated twice.  I can't figure out what the problem is.

Sherry Beauchamp